Tuesday, July 30, 2019

HIGHLAND CAPTIVE ~ Alyson McLayne ~ Review




My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is book 4 in The Sons of Gregor MacLeod series and due to unfortunate circumstances I was unable to read book 2 and 3. However, I had no problems reading this installment and really enjoyed it.

The character development is well done! Deirdre MacIntyre goes from bullied daughter/sister to finally standing up for herself and I loved every minute of it. Laird Gavin MacKinnon is angry and bitter. And who wouldn't after having their son stolen and still not being able to find him after 2 years. He goes through quite a transformation as well. The banter is quite witty between all characters in the story, Especially between Kerr and Isobel.

The plot is one don't think I've read and I did enjoy watching it unfold. It's mystery, adventure and passion rolled up in a well-written story.


I received a copy for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment